Browser Based Games in Web 2.0
Browser Based Game + Web 2.0 = Browser Based Game 2.0
With user contribution, customization, communication we have Web 2.0.
With Browser Game based on Web 2.0 regularity we have the user contributing, customizable and communicative BBG 2.0.
It's very easy to imagine, right?
How could the BBG 2.0 benefit users?
In my perspective view there are at least the following benefits:
- An easier way to get more friends with same interest
- Better showcase of one's personality
- A niche community where one can make own contributions
- A fancy virtual world in which one can develop a whole other personality
And how could BBG 2.0 benefit developers?
- Higher user engagement rate
- An open end-game
- Higher user loyalty
- Easier word-of-mouth marketing
So, what do we do to make a game BBG 2.0?
Here's the list:
- Provide a page where users can upload their own pictures.
- Provide the opportunity for users to customize their brief introduction. This could be either real world introduction or virtual world one.
- Make visit to friend's home or home page available. This is much like Facebook's Wall.
- Make it possible for users to customize the interface. You may charge them for this (monetize).
- Partner with social networks to make it possible for users to play the game while view friends' pages.
- Make it possible to play on mobiles (iphone).
- Develop a sitter system so one may look after a friend's account while he/she is away.
- Provide journal system so that users may put down