Cool and Fun Internet Web Sites for when You Are Bored!
How often do we hear or say "I'm BORED?" Boredom, to be weary by dullness or tedious repetition, can lead to stress and conflicts with friends or family. Being bored is often depressing so instead of sitting around feeling bad, do something about it! You need to stimulate your mind and find new things to see and do in order to beat boredom. The internet hosts a wealth of information on almost every topic imaginable and there are many cool fun web sites to browse when you are feeling bored. With so many web sites online however, it can at times be overwhelming. Below I have compiled a list of some of the best web sites to surf and things to do online when you bored so no need to aimless search through the internet's millions of web pages!
1) StumbleUpon.com – Download the StumpleUpon toolbar to find great videos, websites, photos and more based on your specific interests. After you "StumbleUpon" a site, you submit a rating and then StumbleUpon learns what you likes and makes better reccomendations. You can share your discoveries and meet new friends and people with similar interests with this tool. Some of my favorite sites I have found channeling surfing with StumpleUpon are Musicovery.com, TheWeblist.net, and Populair.eu.
2) Find a good online community – Whether you want to find and chat with people who have similar interests or talk over a controversial debate, there are a plethora of online communities and chat groups that will definitely cure your boredom. Groups.Google.com and AOL's PeopleConnection.com are both great sites to find online community and chat groups.
3) Visit your's or other people's bookmarks – Web site bookmarking services, such as Digg or del.icio.us, allow you to comprehensively save your bookmarks in one place and discover and hare content from anywhere on the internet. On these sites, users vote on the best content and online destinations, so you can be sure to find something of interest!
4) I-Am-Bored.com– A site updated constantly with links to new games, entertainment, news, chat, videos and more. With fun quizzes, questions and featured sites, I-Am-Bored.com offers relief from your mind-numbing boredom.
5) Bored.com – Boasts a comprehensive list of fun cool web sites to browse if you are bored. Unique pages such as Free Audio Vacations, self-destructing emails, Mood Surfer, a site to create paintings based on your personality, Image Speller and Virtual FortuneTeller, among others.
To cure boredom you need to engage your mind and find something that interests you. With these five things, you should be hard-pressed to ever be bored again!