Membership Web Sites: 10 Tips that Attract Members
Building a highly profitable membership Web site is the result of hard work, and a devotion to learning the skills you need to succeed. The following guide will provide you with 10 tips that will help you get started.
1) Your Niche – Your first step is figure out what service/product you will provide. Ask yourself:
- a) Will my product/service meet a need?
- b) Will my target market have income to spend on this service/product?
- c) Will the internet reach my target market?
2) Your Competition – Be aware of you competitors. Find out what their services/products are, how they are marketing them, and at what price they are selling them. Learn from their accomplishments, and their mistakes, and make you membership Web site better.
3) Your Members – Work to build relationships with each of your members. Begin with an automated welcome email that includes their first name in the heading. Follow with quick responses to their questions and concerns. Three months is the average life of a member. If you are attentive to then needs, you stand a good chance of beating the odds.
4) Membership/Product/Service Pricing – Work to provide a good value for your members. Offer freebies at every point in your marketing funnel, as well as your line of services/products. Begin with less expensive services/products. When you have established a trust with your members they will be more willing to spend their income on something they know will be of significant value. Be aware of …